Welcome to the Utah Behavior Support Clinic!!
Providing behavior support to individuals, families, educators, and professionals through evidence-based assessment, intervention, consultation, training, and research.
The UBSC is an out-patient clinic specializing in the reduction of challenging behavior and the acquisition of appropriate behavior and skills. We provide clinical services and conduct research. Our procedures are grounded in the principles of applied behavior analysis and other evidence-based practices. Located on the campus of Utah State University, we serve individuals in Cache Valley, southern Idaho, and all parts of Utah. Live and telehealth services to other locations may be available.
All of our services are determined on an individual basis based upon the needs of the client. We provide support to families, schools, and agencies. These services include:
- Function-Based Assessment
- Functional Analysis
- Behavior Plans
- Training Parents and Professionals
- Follow-up and Consultation
As determined by the clinical team, these services can be provided at the clinic, in the home, at school, in the community, or a combination of settings.
To receive services or receive information about fees, please contact us .
Volunteers at the Utah Behavior Support Clinic are given opportunities to participate in data collection and analysis for research and clinical services.
Volunteers are held to a high standard of training and must demonstrate competency prior to beginning volunteer activities.
Many volunteers are undergraduate students attending Utah State University from various fields of study including Psychology, Special Education, Education, and FCD.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Volunteers gain experience that is useful in applying to graduate school in related departments
- Volunteers gain skills that are useful to gaining employment
- Volunteers receive exposure to and experience with populations of individuals they may otherwise not have the opportunity to work with
- Volunteers get to be a part of a unique team that values changing behavior to improve the lives of all the clients we serve
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities at the UBSC.
The Utah Behavior Support Clinic is a research facility. Faculty and staff regularly conduct research studies on a range of topics, including: functional analysis methodology, identifying effective training methods, and increasing understanding of dimensions of reinforcement. The UBSC staff members are also involved in regional and national conferences where they disseminate the results of UBSC research projects. Check back regularly for information regarding current research projects and conferences.
- Training professionals to conduct functional analysis via Telehealth
- Training methodology for residential program staff conducting trial-based FA’s
- Examining effects of varying reinforcement using a high-tech item
- Examining precursor functional analysis methodology with preschool children
- Assessing guides for treatment selection